Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Favorite Healthy Three! {March}

As a part of my New Year's resolution, (yes, I am still talking about New Year's resolutions), I made it a goal  MUST to get as healthy as I could in every aspect of my life. This meant not only physically, but also the products I used daily, places to eat, shop, you name it!

So, starting with March, I've decided to make a monthly post of the best 3 natural, eco-friendly, organic, or overall healthier alternatives to every-day aspects of the average person's life. 

Being obsessed with hair, makeup, and anything in the beauty or fashion department... I'm starting March with my favorite 3 beauty products. (;  Thus, I set out to find natural versions of the products I frequently used while getting ready every day. 

Products 1&2 

I haven't really decided if this is considered cheating, but the first two products are the same thing... face wash! 
I don't know about you, but I can not sleep at night knowing my face is covered with dirt and oil and sweat and makeup from the day!! (Grossed out just typing this.) It's pretty much an OCD ritual for me to wash my face nightly, and even sometimes in the morning just to be extra unnecessarily safe! 

That being said, my skin gets dry very easily. With normal products and as much as I wash my face, my skin gets very irritated, dry, and even flaky- yuck! It got to the point where I couldn't even wear foundation because my skin would just peel off with my foundation brush. It was also red and blotchy, and my skin tone was never even. All in all, it sucked!

To my surprise, it didn't take long to find something that worked for me! It was awesome because my face cleared up and became much softer right away, but at the same time, I don't have much to compare it to. (Not yet, anyway.) 

The first one I found was the St. Ives- Blemish Control Apricot Scrub. I like to use gentle exfoliants on my face to get all the dead skin off that's been tainted with makeup. It uses 100% natural ingredients to exfoliate your face! (Of course for blemish control, some less than 100% things need to be used.) 

My first impression was a little odd. Most exfoliants I used are very liquidy with little "exfoliating beads" in them. This was very thick, and instead of having just a few beads, it had a bunch! (I don't know if I'd call them beads, but you get the point!) It IS a little rough, I will admit, but when I washed my face off, it was anything but! My skin was instantly smoother and even started to look a little more even-toned! It felt and looked amazing, and I was in love. So, I bought a few more bottles. 

Some exfoliants are gentle enough to use daily, but with as much as I wash my face, I wasn't too sure if I should use this rougher exfoliant every day. So, my search began again.

This time I turned to the (somewhat cliché) brand of Burt's Bees. (NOT talking bad about them in anyway, but they're like the Kleenex of natural beauty.) 

I went simple, and picked out the Facial Cleanser for sensitive skin, and holy crap was simple a good idea! Just squeezing the stuff out onto my finger, my finger became instantly smoother. The wash glided over my face and kissed my skin with moisture. It was some sort of weird, moisturizing, religious experience, really! Although less is definitely more with this product, my face felt very clean, very smooth, and very moisturized. LOVELOVELOVE IT! 

Product 3

Now that I'm done ranting and creating a rather long post, I come to the third product(s). These are makeup brushes by the company EcoTools! 

These cute little guys come with their own carrying case that is 100% reusable and natural. The bristles are incredibly soft and are cruelty-free, being made of synthetic taklon. The brush handles are made of bamboo, and under the bristles is recycled aluminum!  

The set I got comes with 5 brushes and the case. It includes a highlighting brush, large eye brush, angled crease brush, a smudge brush, and a petite eye shading brush. I'll be the first to say- these little suckers are awesome!!! They not only put on makeup wonderfully, but they save the Earth at the same time. (D'aww!) Overall, I can't say enough good things about these things! I will definitely be buying more EcoTools products, as they're available at your local Target or Walmart and online as well!

So that does it for March! Now it's time to go on a hunt for April. {;

No comments:

Post a Comment