Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Little Indulgence

   My family likes to cook, and we definitely love to eat. But every once in a while, it's nice to be able to relax while someone cooks for us. Last night, we went to one of our favorites-Olive Garden-for some yummmyyy Italian! I'd definitely be lying if I didn't say the entire meal was an indulgence...
Soft, warm bread sticks, delicious salad with their signature dressing, fresh bruschetta... 

Drooling yet?
  
 Usually, I'd go for something boring like tortellini with Alfredo sauce, but last night I was feeling adventurous. Going as exotic as I could within my finicky food limit, I settled with Eggplant Parmesan. And oh.em.gee, I could write an entire post about that alone! Soooo good! But with every meal at Olive Garden, the portion was HUGE, and I just couldn't stomach it. 
   As it was getting time for us to leave, I hadn't even thought about dessert, but with someone who has a sweet tooth as out of control as mine, I couldn't refuse once the waitress asked.  EVERYTHING looked good amazing..but I was soo full. Just before I forced myself to refuse the offer, the waitress introduced me to their Dolcini. As I looked down the list, nothing particularly jumped out at me...amaretto, tiramisu, dark chocolate, chocolate mousse...not really my style.
   But then, I came across the Strawberry and White Chocolate Dolcini-now we were in business! 
I quickly rambled off the order to the waitress, and eagerly waited for it to arrive. When it did, I was in lovelovelove! 
Not only did it come in the cutest little cup, but it was on a little lace coaster on a little plate!
Did I mention I have an obsession with mini things?




After obsessing about how adorable it was, I dug right in.





No sooner than it had come, it was gone and I was one verrryy happy camper!
For the size, it's the most delicious, and adorable, dessert I've had in a while.
I would definitely recommend anyone to try this ASAP! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment